Monday, May 25, 2009

Toobing

Yesterday my whole family (minus my brother-in-law - we missed you Kevin!) came over to celebrate one of my nephews 15th birthday. We went out to eat lunch, then tubing on the river, and then back to our place to grill hamburger, hotdogs, chicken, and corn on the cob. The tubing trip was quite an experience. This time Chris looked online to find a good spot to get in the river and float but when we drove down there we didn't realize that we'd have to pay to park. So we drove back to the river entrance of our subdivision and got in there. The river is still a little low so there were several spots that we scraped on rocks or had to get out completely to pull our tubes past the big rocks to keep on floating. It was very crowded because of the holiday weekend. Most of this crowd seemed to be drunk adults who didn't seem to realize or care that there were kids around (bad language & such). I don't think the little kids noticed and they all had fun. The rest of us got a little banged up on the rocks and hope for more rain before we want to do that again. Oh, and since we let in at our neighborhood, once we were done floating we had to turn around and go back upstream to get to our car. We tried walking in the shallow parts and just pulling the kids but eventually had to get out and walk on the bank all the way back.
See how shallow the water is?My oldest niece, Megan.My sister Lisa and Alex.My other sister Joanne and my youngest niece Hannah.
The birthday boy - Tyler.
Chris and Zachary in the big boat.

Papa (my dad) pulling three of the kids back upstream.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Is that a cowboy hat on Uncle Charles?? You should have gotten a close-up of that! Looks like y'all had a lot of fun, my brother-in-law was tubing the river this weekend with a lot of his friends, too. I hope they weren't the ones with potty mouthes!!

kelly said...

How fun!!