Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Random stuff

Alex's speech teacher did an evaluation of Zachary last week & today. She agrees that he speaks clearer than Alex does but will probably still qualify for help. So next year I will have them both in speech for two hours a week. Zachary loved it by the way. He was so excited to get to go to school with Alex. He told me this morning that school was for little boys only and mama was too big.

We've still got Animal Planet going on over here. Not only are we seeing squirrels again but we've had lots of turkeys lately all over the yard.Yesterday evening Chris looked out the window and noticed a group of 5-6 deer wandering our way. Three of them came all the way up to our driveway. They were all female but Chris thought he saw a buck out there too.Today I bought a second bird feeder. This one is supposed to be squirrel proof. I don't think the birds like it though. While I was hanging it up I saw this guy in the tree. He was kinda creepy looking and about 5 inches long.Chris has been itching to go to the movies so we made our 2nd attempt at taking the boys yesterday. We saw Monster vs Aliens and it was in 3D. The movie was O.K. but the glasses were a pain. Alex did really well in the movie this time and watched it all. Zachary didn't like the glasses and only kept them on and paid somewhat attention for about half of the movie. After that the glasses were off and he was going from my lap to Chris's lap and back to his chair. He even said he was ready to go home. Oh well. Maybe Alex can have a special movie treat with mom or dad once in awhile.

We're planning a road trip for June. A big one. We're going to drive to California to visit Chris's mom and stop at the Grand Canyon and other places along the way. Chris is going to take off a whole two weeks. Although I'm anticipating that the boys won't be perfect (I'm sure I'll get grumpy in the car at some point too) and that they won't necessarily care about some of the stops I'm still looking forward to it.

Today we got our blinds installed in the house. The boys had their first nap without sunlight streaming in. I was finally able to take the blanket off of Zachary's window. Yea!

O.K., now you're caught up.

No comments: