Monday, May 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

O.K. so I started menu planning last month and it worked out so well. It felt so good to have a plan instead of staring into the freezer or pantry with whining hungry kids (and husband) and be frustrated not knowing what to cook. I planned a menu for the whole month of April and for the most part, stuck to it. I'm going to continue meal planning but only a week or two at a time. I only plan for week nights, knowing that weekends bring eating out, trips to my parents, or doing something with friends. I don't plan for lunches because the boys and I tropically eat whatever leftovers we have or kid-friendly things like pb&j or grilled cheese. This will be my first post/link with Menu Plan Monday although I have gotten a few recipes there. I tend to get quite a few recipes from the Food Network after watching cooking shows. I will add links to recipes if I have them but alot of what I make doesn't have an online recipe. If you'd like one just let me know and I'll post it or email it to you. So, here's what we're having this week.

Monday - Tacos

Tuesday - Nacho Chicken, sweet rice and probably green beans

Wednesday - Crab Cakes and sweet potato fries

Thursday - Turkey and artichoke stuffed shells (I froze half last time I made it - works great!) with a salad and garlic biscuits

Friday - Chicken and Sesame Noodles

For more meal ideas go to I'm An Organizing Junkie.

3 comments:

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Looks great...especially the crab cakes!

First time stopping by, the picture of the boys at the top of your page is FANTASIC!

kelly said...

Thanks for sharing a menu, maybe that will help motivate me to stop staring at the pantry with a hungry boy waiting :-)

Joanne said...

I'll start posting my menus next week. Since Kevin is gone, I'm not really cooking much this week!

I do want to hear more about your sesame noodles, though. Yum!