Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to School

I finally met with Alex's new school here. It's not the one closest to us like I though. Silly me. They didn't have a program for 3 year olds so we're going to one a little bit farther away. It won't be too bad though. This school was already sent all of his paperwork and evaluations from his former school but wanted to meet him in person. It was decided that he's going to be in a speech only class instead of a regular PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities) since he's really not far behind in anything else, if at all. This class will only be one day a week for two hours. The teacher will send home a weekly report with a certain thing to work on at home in between classes. Sounds good. Looks like that will become my errand day so I don't have to drive home and back so quickly. The school looked nice and I think Alex will like it. We will go back Friday for our formal meeting and then he will start school on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet he'll love his new class!

Joanne said...

No bussing at this school? Oh, well...you're right that it will become you and Zach's 1-on-1 errand day!