Tuesday, January 20, 2009

School days

Today was Alex's first day at the new school. Next time I need to wake up earlier. We were running so far behind that we were lucky to make it in the nick of time. I also didn't get any pictures. Although the boys didn't get a hot breakfast they had Cheerios and grapes in a baggy in the car along with a sippy cup of milk. That still counts as an O.K. breakfast even if they had to eat it in the car, right? Zachary was not happy to leave Alex at school. Poor thing wants to stay so bad. He cried all the way back to the car and for the next five minutes driving down the road. Sometimes it's hard to be little. I think Alex had a good time. He didn't really say much about school other than they said their ABC's. He did have some papers in his back pack so I can tell they did a little coloring and working on the "ps" sound. So our homework for the week is to work on words with that sound every day, like caps or chips. I think this will be hard but we'll try.
Zachary and I did get a few more errands out of the way while waiting for Alex. We returned the exterior garage light that didn't fit and got new ones ordered. This time we measured before selecting them so they should work. We also got another cable for the surround sound speakers that are going to be installed in the living room today. I will be so happy to not have wires hanging from the ceiling anymore. Hooray!

3 comments:

kelly said...

I'm glad he likes his new school. Speech practice shouldn't be too tough :-)

Ann said...

Poor Zachary, he wants to be just like his big brother.........How far away is school?

Karen said...

To get to school by 8 am I figure that I need to leave home around 7:30. I'd guess it's maybe 10-15 miles away.