Monday, January 5, 2009

One more thing

Wow! It's been 6 years since I last moved and I forgot about all the people you have to change your address with. I just remembered to notify my magazines and did them online tonight. Not only did I have to set up new utilities here but I also had to call my old utilities to give them a new address since I can't turn them off (gotta have heat and such while it's on the market). I finally did a change of address for our driver's licenses tonight as well. Plus, we have to notify the Russian Consulate any time we have a change of address since the boys are still Russian citizens. I really think I'm just about done now. At least I hope so.

********

We never did get back out to work in the yard. The weather turned cold yesterday so we couldn't do it. I'm still a little sore (I'm a wimp, I know) so it's probably for the best.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I didn't realize they were still Russian citizens. When do the boys become US citizens?

Karen said...

They are US citizens also. They became US citizens when their papers were stamped when we landed at the airport in the US. I can't remember if they are Russian citizens until they are 18 or if at that point they can choose to drop their Russian citizenship. I've got a few years before any of that happens. But...if we were to take a trip back to Russia with the boys they would have to use their Russian passports to get in (while Chris & I would have to apply for Visas) and use their US passports to get out.