Thursday, January 15, 2009

We rock! *Revised*

Do you wanna rock? No, really - do you want some rocks? Just down our street there is some sort of digging going on. We don't even know what it is. Chris thinks they're going to build a house there but I think they are digging some sort of drainage. Whatever the reason Chris stopped a few days ago and asked what they were doing with all the dirt. They don't need it and agreed to dump in it our back yard for free. When they are done they are even going to level it out for us. Our back yard is bad. We've got a really big slope back there. We need all the fill we can get, especially for free. Tuesday the workers came and dumped three loads. Yesterday they started dumping at 8 am and didn't stop until around 5 pm. I don't know how many loads we got - maybe 10? This morning we've already received one more. This is what it looks like. As the dumping has progressed it has become more rock and less dirt. Now I know how rocky our ground is here. I've been digging rocks out of the front yard for the last couple of weeks but nothing this big yet. I also know that these rocks will still be covered with a layer of good dirt sometime in the future so we can actually play back there or grow grass but it's crazy to see. Some of these rocks are huge! Some of them are also pretty cool looking. I wouldn't mind moving one or two big ones to the front yard but I don't know how. So, if anybody else wants a rock for some reason - come and get it. You just might need some heavy machinery though!

**Revised**
Because I thought you needed more rock pictures I took some of the boys out there so you can see the size.

2 comments:

kelly said...

That looks so cool! I can't wait to come visit :-)

Karen said...

Come any time!