Friday, January 9, 2009

A walk around the yard

If you walk around our yard there are all sorts of neat things to see. There are so many big rocks and cool trees.I don't think we'll be able to clear the back yard of rocks at all. We'll just have to cover it up with truck loads of dirt. On one side of our house especially are some large rocks. This land was untouched for so long that the trees just learned to grow around them. I guess this rock will be staying too.
We even have a little patch of red soil on one side.
The boys and I walked around the whole property. We have to hold hands walking around the back since it is so rocky and hilly. They thought it was fun to "sit" on this big rock.

Chris came home a little early yesterday so we all got outside and did some work. Well, I did yard work while Chris "cleaned" the garage and then played in the sand pile with the boys. I'm not as sore as I was the first day with the exception of my hands. My fingers feel like they're swollen and are very stiff. We had some rain again this morning so I don't think I'll be able to do much outside today. I guess I could work on the inside of the house.

1 comment:

kelly said...

No, why work on the inside? Take a break! Those are some cool rocks! Can't wait to see everything!