Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Feeling squirrely

As Alex and I were eating lunch the other day (Zachary was already down for his nap) he pointed this squirrel out the window to me. This is in the tree right outside out dining room window. The squirrel just sat there with his arms hanging out of the hole (maybe his house?) for the longest time. I took this picture through the window. Finally he crawled out and flopped himself on his belly on a branch with his arms and legs hanging over the sides - very funny looking. We tried to creep out on the back porch for a better view and pictures but it he heard us and ran for cover back in the hole.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not squirrel related but yesterday when we were playing outside we heard tapping again. It was coming from the same tree that had the branch fall off already with a woodpecker hole and guess what? They're baaaack. I saw a little head peep out of the hole and then it flew off. I'd really like to get a good look/picture of it. I did research woodpeckers though and this is what I think the culprit looks like. I can always see that flash of red on it's head as it flies away.

1 comment:

kelly said...

How fun to live so close to nature :-) All the cool critters for the boys to see!