Friday, March 6, 2009

Just like daddy

Lately Zachary is all about going to the bathroom. I really think he'll be potty trained before Alex. I've mentioned before how he'll go without us knowing and walk into the living room carrying his diaper and his pants! Chris even told me that he walked into Zachary's room one day and found him with baby wipes everywhere and he was cleaning his own bottom from a stinky diaper! His new thing is that he always wants to potty "like daddy" now. Which means standing up. To top things off, he prefers to use the big potty too. So, he'll stand on a step stool, raise the seat, and go potty standing up. He can do it too! The downside is that it's a little hard to be neat. I often have to clean the seat, the step, or his legs - sometimes all three. I guess that's to be expected with boys though. I've decided that their bathroom is just for them - not for mama to use. At least he only (mostly) uses the one that he and Alex share. Alex, on the other hand, is still not that interested. He'll go when I tell him to but doesn't care about pull ups or underwear or being like daddy. But.....just today when the boys were supposed to be cleaning their rooms I heard them talking about going potty like daddy and found this.

They were pretending to go in the boxes! Maybe Zachary was giving Alex pointers on how to do it?

5 comments:

Joanne said...

As funny as that is, I'm giggling over the fact that Zach is wearing the monkey leash! Hannah found ours the other day and asked if she could put it on Owen and walk him! I said NO and she buckled it around a stuffed animal, instead!

kelly said...

Too funny! That picture is a keeper!

Ann said...

I love it !! Who knew little boys would "play" pottie.

Karen said...

Joanne,

We only ever used that monkey leash once - at the zoo, but the boys see it and want to wear it every once in awhile (Alex can't buckle both buckles though). They don't ususally "walk" each other though. They mostly see it as a tail hanging down.

Sara said...

That's too funny! I'm glad girls sit down on the potty. Hopefully I won't have to clean the floor or her legs!