Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break

So our Spring Break isn't until next week and my kids aren't really in school anyway but we had a mini spring break this week. One of my teenage nephews (Tyler) came on Wednesday to spend the last half of his spring break with us. Yesterday while the little boys napped the big boys (Chris and Tyler) biked over to the river park and hiked along the river. Then Chris called to see if Alex & Zachary were done napping so I could pick them up but no - the boys slept a long time. Poor Chris and Tyler had to bike uphill most of the way home I think.

Today all of us went to a big park. We packed lunch and the boys thought it was fun to eat outside and watch the birds and squirrels.

Then we headed to the main attraction for the day - the train!Zachary loves trains! The boys will line up chairs and toys and say it's a choo choo train. We rode on one before in a different park and they still talk about it. This train took us all around the park and we waved at all the people and saw lots of fun places.

After the train we walked around the park to the places we saw. Some nice girls gave us a piece of their bread to feed the ducks. When I broke off the first piece for Zachary he ate it! I guess he didn't realize what everyone else was doing.

Although some people were in the little spring fed pool we only put our feet in. That water was cold!

We had a really fun day and the boys didn't want to leave. I had to promise them that we'd go back sometime. In the summer there will also be paddle boats that I think will be fun. I think the boys might just now be napping after fighting sleep for a good 45 minutes. I thought with all our activity they would conk right out.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That sounds like so much fun! It's nice that Tyler came for a few days...I bet the boys really liked that!

soccermom10 said...

Thanks for entertaining Tyler this week. He would have been so bored at home!