Saturday, May 21, 2011

Frog race

Yesterday Meals on Wheels had their annual Frog Race fundraiser. This is the first time we had ever been and I had just happened to read about it in the newspaper. I surprised the boys and didn't tell them about it in advance. The boys and I had a good time. We went after karate so we had time to "buy" our rubber frogs (you don't get to keep them) and then walk around to check out a few booths along with this guy.
We found a table where the kids could do some crafts and they made cool frog visors. Zachary asked why the tongue had to be sticking out. I didn't have an answer other than it was cute!

The boys had time to play on the playground a little bit since it was in the park and then we bought hotdogs and sat on the riverbank to watch the race.
The frogs didn't float all the far so the race didn't take too long. We didn't stick by the river to hear the results but we didn't win. Instead the boys wanted to hurry and get their faces painted before that booth closed up shop. They both picked fire breathing dragons!

Next we had icecream and a little more play time. When I finally said it was time to go Alex got attitude with me and started saying how he never wants to come back and that he didn't have a good time. I know that none of that was true - he was just upset at having to leave. What a sad way to end a fun day though. I'm a little worried that it's going to be a long long summer.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like y'all had a fun day! You'll find things to do during the summer...if all else fails, y'all can always come help me pick tomatoes! :) Hehe...

Karen said...

Sara - They would love that only they would probably eat as many tomatoes as they picked! lol