Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend

If I had a picture of my husband in uniform I would post it here. *Cough* *Cough* Since I don't I'll just post about our weekend. School ended for the boys on Friday and boy oh boy were they excited! We spent Friday afternoon (they even had early release) at the pool. I spent part of that time putting together this new table set in anticipation of grilling and eating out there all weekend.
Saturday we had some friends over for swimming and grilling. Less than five minutes after opening the umbrella on the new table......
Crash! The wind picked up the umbrella and knocked the whole table over shattering the glass. I wanted to cry. My nice friends cleaned it up for me while I started feeding kids lunch.
Sunday my parents, sister, teenage nephews, and one girlfriend came over and even spent the night. Most of the weekend was spent at the pool or eating. My grill worked overtime, even grilling peaches for dessert (served with vanilla ice cream) and roasting marshmallows for s'mores (it was way too windy to make a fire in the fire pit liked I'd hoped).



Our poor dog had been a little sick last week but got much worse Saturday morning so after an emergency trip to the vet it was decided that he needed to stay there for the long weekend to receive fluids and antibiotics. His health prognosis was a little grim and not a great way to kick off the weekend. BUT the vet called daily telling me how good Chewy was doing and the boys and I were able to pick him up today and bring him home. He's spent the day mostly napping but we're still happy to have him home and doing well.
I hope everyone had a great Memorial Weekend!

3 comments:

kelly said...

Looks like a great weekend!! Hope Chewy feels better .

Joanne said...

Who is the boy on the raft with Lisa? Looks too big to be one of yours, but too little to be one of hers! ;-)

Karen said...

Joanne - It was Zachary. He was hanging something in the water pretending to fish so he wouldn't look up.