Monday, May 2, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

Last week's meals all turned out well except for the Mexican Beef & Pasta. I think it tasted good but despite using mild salsa and mild green chillies it was way too hot for the boys to eat. I thought it was a little hot myself. I do think it's worth trying again but I might only add half the amount of those spicy things next time!

This week is almost all new recipes again. I just love trying new things although it's a gamble if it's going to be a winner or not. Thankfully Alex & Zachary don't mind either.

Monday - Cubano Panini (295) with fruit and chips

Tuesday - Garlic Chicken Spaghetti (398)

Wednesday - Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana (195) with roasted veggies (squash, zucchini, onions, peppers, & broccoli)

Thursday - Philly cheesesteaks (230) with sweet potato fries

Friday - Chicken Enchiladas (160) with black beans

Today or tomorrow I think I'm making Low Fat Strawberry Scones to use up more berries and then I'll have to freeze the rest for another time. The Strawberry Jello Pie I made yesterday is already half gone! Good thing I tweaked it to make it low-cal!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

These sound good! I can't wait to hear about the chicken on Wednesday and am really excited to try the Cuban sandwiches! YUM!

Joanne said...

Oh! I also want to know if you made the scones! They sound good!

Karen said...

The Cuban Panini's were wonderful. In fact I had another for lunch yesterday and will eat the last of the pork in another today. (My pork loin was a little bit bigger than the recipe called for but I knew I'd eat it for lunch.) Wednesday's meal we ended up having last night. It was good but next time I might use baby spinach leaves instead of the chopped frozen stuff. Too spinachy or something for me. I made a diff rollatini a few weeks ago and it was yum-o. I made the scones last night and was disapointed. They weren't sweet enough or something - just very blah. Zachary loved them though and took them to school for breakfast today! lol

Karen said...

Oh, and the calorie counts are per the recipes. Sometimes I'll recalculate my own and come up slightly different. My Cuban Panini was less than the recipe. I think it depends on the exact brands and things you use. Also I couldn't find the multi-grain bread so used a regular baguette.