Friday, May 20, 2011

Topsy Turvey Plants

I just finished up another garden project this morning. I love how this plant stand turned out. Now I will tell you right now that I cheated. You can buy a special plant stand that does this and it can be used on a porch, patio, or even in your home. However since I was going to put mine on the ground in front of my porch I went the cheaper route and just bought a metal stake (mine was 48 inches long), put one end into the ground and then threaded on my pots. It seems fairly sturdy but I guess the real test will be when the next storm comes!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Very cute!

kelly said...

Love it! I may try one myself :-) any glue or just leaning pot on top of pot?

Karen said...

No glue. They just each lean on the ledge of the one under it. The bottom pot would normally be a regular pot but I tried to use some of what I had already so I only bought two new pots. Even though I went the homemade route with this one it might be fun to get the "real" one so I can put one on my deck and grow herbs in each level.