Monday, May 23, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

Last weeks meals ended up getting shuffled around a bit and due to eating at the Frog Race on Friday we missed having the Greek Turkey Meatballs. I have all the ingredients so it's definitely added back to this weeks menu. The Swedish meatballs were the star of last weeks menu. The boys and I all gave it two thumbs up and this is something I will be making again! I really enjoyed the cauliflower fritters that were Tuesday's side dish but they got mixed reviews from the boys. Here's what's on the menu for this week.

Monday - Skinny Sloppy Joes (122 calories + 100 calorie bun), Easy Zucchini Parmesan (52 calories), and carrot sticks

Tuesday - Greek Turkey Meatballs (255 calories) with Skinny Tzatziki (18 calories) in a pita (80 calories)

Wednesday -
Chicken Enchiladas (160 calories) and Chipotle's Skinny Cilantro Lime Rice (201 calories)

Thursday - Philly Cheesesteaks (230 calories) and Baked Chili Sweet Potato Fries (108 calories)

Friday - Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce (167 calories) and Rosemary Garlic Roasted Potatoes (175 calories)

Saturday - Slow-Cooker Pulled-Pork Barbecue (I didn't even count up the calories for this because they don't count on a holiday weekend, right???)

The pulled pork I've had twice before and it is wonderful! I'm having friends over so it will be an easy thing to have in the slow cooker and not have to be standing over a stove or grill.

We also have fresh watermelon in the house so I'm sure that will be added to many meals this week.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Pulled pork? I thought y'all were having a crawfish boil this weekend?!

Karen said...

The pulled pork is for friends coming over on Saturday. The crawfish boil is cancelled though because Brandon & Olivia both have to work. Mom & Dad are coming and Lisa, I think, so I'm thinking of shrimp and fresh corn on the barbie.