Saturday, September 13, 2008

Grouchy days and baseball

What a day! The boys seemed extra rowdy today. Maybe it's just because daddy's been gone for a week and I feel extra tired. We headed to the grocery store to get some things for a new stuffed shells recipe that I wanted to try. (It was yummy and I have lots in the freezer for another day.) The boys were so whiny while I was cooking. One would take the others toy and then they'd cry or fight over it. Of course since I was cooking (although in sight) I didn't know who was in the wrong. I was so glad when nap time came.
Chris called this morning to tell me that after he finished classes today he was hoping to go swimming with the sharks (in a big cage) with some buddy's. O.K. I'll give him that one. That's not something I'd want to do anyway. When he comes home with beautiful pictures of the beach, then I'll be sad I missed it.

This afternoon we went to a birthday party. Our friend turned five so he's a little bit older but the boys play well together. It was a total "boy" party - transformers, baseball, and a bounce house. The birthday boy got the coolest baseball game. It's like t-ball but the ball hangs from above instead of sitting on a tee. It also plays ESPN music. All of the boys loved it. Gee, I wonder if Alex would like one for his birthday?

No comments: