Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A visit from Mimi

With Chris being gone we had a visit from Mimi (my mom) this week to keep us company. Alex & Zachary loved having their Mimi here. She took them outside when mama was too hot to go. She baked us chocolate chip cookies.Zachary waited for the cookies to be done and then ate about half of a cookie. Alex on the other hand wolfed down three and wanted more......but didn't get any until later. Mimi made the boys breakfast, washed lots of laundry, and cleaned the kitchen. Oh wait - that's the part I liked! Just kidding. We also made it out shopping one morning and yesterday we took the boys to the inflatable play place that we like to go to. Lots of fun!

Today we headed over to check the progress on the new house. We've got walls and a roof (but no shingles). I think all of the plumbing and electrical work is done and the windows are in.

It's amazing what the house looks like each time we go. It's going to be ready before we know it! Mimi headed back home today but we'll be at her house to visit again next week.

Here's one last cute picture of the boys. I made them stand in the "picture spot" at the bottom of the stairs to take some pictures. I especially like to have them standing together to see how big (or small) they are. My cutie pies!

4 comments:

kelly said...

They are both getting so tall! Glad you had a nice visit with Mimi!

soccermom10 said...

I bet mom had a fun time too! I want some homemade chocholate chip cookies...

Joanne said...

I wonder if mom wants to come and bake me some cookies, too...

Sara said...

Mmmmm...cookies...All of my chocolate chips melted together in the move. Sadness.

Everything on the house is going so fast! Exciting!!