Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On the road again

My mom, the boys, and I leave on a road trip to visit my younger sister in Iowa bright and early tomorrow morning. She's lived there for about two years and I've never been there. Her husband is going to be out of town so we're going to keep her and her three kids company for about ten days. Chris would've liked to come with us but it's not a good time for him to leave work. He did take my car in for me to get serviced today. I'm almost packed. We're heading to my mom's tonight (about an hour away) so we can get an early start in the morning. I have no idea how the boys will do on this ~ 13 hour trip. I'm a little scared. Cross your fingers for well-behaved boys!

3 comments:

kelly said...

Don't be scared, you can do this! Your mom will be a huge help :-)
When in doubt, pull out more snacks.

God's Girl said...

Your children are so cute. What year did you adopt them. Was it recent? We are just starting the process to adopt from Russia our second little girl. We are praying that the doors stay open and that this second round will be as wonderful as our first.

Would you say that your adoption went smoothly?

May God bless you and your sweet family!

Karen said...

god's girl,

Thanks! Our boys both came home in Nov of last year. We're about to celebrate our first gotcha day. Overall, I would say our adoptions were smooth. It took us about 1 1/2 years start to finish. Good luck on your second go round. I'd love to go back someday myself.

-Karen