Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm a little late, I know. Last Thanksgiving we celebrated a day late when we got home with the boys. This year we got to celebrate on time. We headed out to my parents house along with my older sister and her two teenage boys. Before we went, the boys helped me mix up some of my mom's famous vanilla rolled cookies.These cookies are most commonly referred to as "ho, ho, ho cookies" because she makes a ton for Christmas and one of her cookie cutters says that. But I digress. We ran out of time to decorate them so my mom, my sister, and I decorated them on turkey day. I didn't have very many Thanksgiving-y cookie cutters so I made due with some fall-ish ones like a football (how many games are on this weekend?!), a pumpkin, and a school bus (Alex starts Monday). I think they turned out cute.The boys can get so antsy around food time that you'd think they never get fed. Since Zachary had to be in the kitchen he helped his aunt Lisa get the rolls ready.For the first time ever we forgot to take diapers to my parents. (Technically Chris forgot. I had them out but he forgot to load them in the car with our other bags.) They live in the country so we can't just pop in to a store to get more. Thankfully my mom has a few spares that have been left from various grandkids over the years. That did mean that Alex had to wear a pink princess pull-up though. He didn't seem to mind.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! We were even lucky enough to get to bring food back home with us. Yea!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Yum...now I want ho ho ho cookies!

I love seeing Alex in Megan & Hannah's old princess pull-ups! Too funny!

Sara said...

Oh, my goodness! I hope he doesn't see that picture when he gets older!!

kelly said...

I want some cookies, too! Does Chris know about the pink pull up and the picture?!?

junglemama said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm a sucker for little boys in the kitchen. One day wthey will be great husbands!

kelly said...

Ok...it's 2:45 after Alex's 1st day of school......where's the post and the pics?!?