Friday, November 14, 2008

We made it

We're here in Iowa and it only took us....

get ready for this......

16 1/2 hours to get here! Yes you read right. The trip that my parents made in about 13 hours took us much, much longer. We didn't count on the fact that my parents were able to run in and out of stores on potty breaks and eat lunch and dinner in the car. It took us almost an hour to eat hamburgers at a fast food place! Plus loading and unloading two kids, who had to have their shoes put back on every time they needed out, getting them to try to potty and change diapers. Well, you get the picture. We did drive it in one day though. The boys were pretty great. I was so surprised that there was very little fussing. They napped once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Zachary then fell asleep around 9 at night and went in and out of sleep for the next hour or so, fussing every time he woke up. That was the worst of it. They watched two movies in the car but not until late afternoon.

We're having fun here. It's been raining so we haven't got to play outside in the cold or anything yet. I know it's hard to believe (I can hardly believe it myself) but I've only taken one picture so far and it's not even good enough to post. I'm sure I'll take more this weekend when my oldest niece is not in school and the five kids (ages ranging from 20 months to 6 years) are all together.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Sounds like you're having fun, can't wait for the pics!