Saturday, December 6, 2008

The final stretch

It looks like we'll be in our new home for Christmas after all. (I was a little concerned.) We will be cutting is close with a completion/move date of Dec 19th. That means lots to do to get ready. Oh, and our current house is still not sold. I think we're going to list it as a rental too and see what happens. Chris had to work today but I took my parents to see the house. Alot of things have happened since I was there last and you can tell that we're in the final stretch. Ceiling fans and most lights are installed. All the tile work is complete. Carpet was being installed today and was almost done. The fireplace was being rocked (is that a word?) today. We also have electricity and heat/air. Plus, the appliances were in. The kitchen probably had the biggest change.

This is the tile back splash and the flat stovetop. There are a few shiny metal decorative tiles placed throughout the room.The appliances really help make the room "finished". This is the oven and convection microwave. I hope I can figure that microwave out!We also had the area under the bar (where your feet would go) tiled the same as the kitchen, but larger. I have no doubt that the fireplace will be done today. They had several guys working on it. It's going to have a wood mantel but it's covered up with plastic.Finally the stained concrete floors have been uncovered. This is the master bathroom floor but the entry is the same pattern. Those same colors are on the concrete throughout the house.I am so excited!

3 comments:

Sara said...

WOW!! How beautiful! I'm so excited for y'all. And to be moved in before Christmas, too! I hope you have time to at least put up a little tree!! Like everyone else...I'm Jealous!! :)

kelly said...

How exciting! The pictures are great!

Joanne said...

It looks gorgeous! You're right. The appliances really help to make the kitchen look "finished". I guess that's because it's the 1 room where you don't really have to move furniture in. I love the tile work behind the stove. Very pretty!