Monday, December 22, 2008

The move - catch up

The move went well. The movers came on Wednesday and packed most everything up. The boys were very interested in watching all the action. As more and more things were boxed up, we had less room to play. Thursday everything was loaded up on the truck. More fun for the boys. Poor Chewy (our yorkie) had to spend the day in his cage since the front door was open all day. Zachary tried to comfort him.

We did find a nice out of the way to play though. The boys thought the closet under the stairs was pretty fun.The boys and I spent Thursday night sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags. They actually did really well. I wondered if they would want to play in there but they stayed on their "beds". Mine wasn't very comfortable. Of course the anticipation of the move probably didn't help me have a good nights sleep either.

My parents came over on Friday morning after my meeting at Alex's school (A big problem - I was told the meeting was at 9:35 but when I got there they said it was at 12:45. Long story short, we're doing a phone meeting on the 7th after school starts back up.) Mom & Dad loaded more stuff up on their truck and we headed to the new place. My parents stayed the whole weekend with us to help us unpack. They are the greatest! Everybody was worn out every day (and we still are) but it's been worth it. I love my new house!

Alex and Zachary are also loving the new house. They have so much more room to run around and play. Not only because this house is bigger but because it's only one story. In the old house they were not allowed on the stairs without and adult and so all the toys were kept in the living room making a pretty small play area. Now they have toys in both of their bedrooms. They do end up getting dragged around the whole house but we clean up before nap and bed. Here they are lining up chairs to make a train. Alex loves The Polar Express aka: the train movie and it's been on T.V. several times (and we just bought the DVD). They also got to ride a little train around a park a week or so ago and loved it. They like to talk about trains and line toys up, or chairs in this case, and say "All aboard!".They've had no problem with their bedrooms being split up. They're actually sleeping longer. We really need to get them some blinds on their windows soon. It's really bright at nap time and Zachary doesn't want to go to sleep. Alex did ask me one day to "close" his window and I had to tell him that I couldn't. He was asleep within minutes anyway.

Not only are we unpacking but we're also getting ready for Christmas. We've got up lots of decorations and the place looks great. The fireplace looks especially nice. Tonight Chris started up our first fire. The boys were very excited and wanted to watch everything. They were good though and didn't touch or get too close.

Tonight we finally got our phone/cable/internet service turned on. My cell phone doesn't work very well here so I really needed the phone. It's been weird without T.V. and I've been having withdrawals from the blogs I read. Ah, back to normal now. Tomorrow our Christmas house guests arrive!

5 comments:

Teresa Andel said...

I'm very happy for you and very jealous. Seemed as though we were going head to head for a while on the construction process but you have pulled WAAAY ahead. How exciting! I'm glad the boys are doing well with the split rooms. That is something I am worried about with my girls. Hopefully, the transition will be just as pleasant for us as it was for you. I also can't believe you are already playing host to guests. How brave you are!

soccermom10 said...

I can't wait to see you guys and the new house. It sounds like the boys are having a BLAST!

kelly said...

Wow! Sounds like everything went great, the pictures look wonderful! I can't wait to see the house and you guys again (after the holidays)!!

Sara said...

Yay! I'm glad you're finally moved in and everything went smoothly. Start taking pictures so we know what it looks like with everything finished!

Ann said...

I love the Santa by the fireplace!