Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting in the mood

I'm talking about the Christmas mood. It's been a little hard to get into the Christmas spirit with no tree or decorations in the house. Not to mention that I'm constantly working on or thinking about our move on Friday. (Movers will be here on Wed & Thurs to pack us up.) The last few days I've carved a little time for myself to make my usual goodie baskets for friends and co-workers. Friday evening I made dipped pretzels - probably Chris's favorite. He hates that I tell him he can only eat the broken ones! I dipped almost two bags of pretzels worth. Today I made three batches of spritz cookies. I have a cute little cookie press that makes it so easy and have tips that make a Christmas tree shaped cookie and one that's a flower that I use as a poinsettia. I just use red or green sprinkles and viola! I also made a new recipe today. It's cinnamon popcorn that I got from the Smiles and Trials blog that I read. She posts recipes from time to time and I decided to try it. You melt red hots, butter, and corn syrup and toss in your popcorn. It makes the popcorn all red and pretty and gets a candy coating. It is yummy and not too hot. Even Alex liked it and he's very wary of anything that looks like it could be hot or spicy. If I had my camera I'd show pictures.

Chris is gone tonight to the Cowboys and Giants football game in Dallas. One of his friend has season tickets to the Cowboys and had an extra tonight. This is the first pro game that Chris has been to and he was very excited even though he's not a Cowboy fan. Anyway, he took my camera with him. Since the game didn't start until 7 he's going to have to spend the night. He'll get his payback tomorrow though. My older sister is coming to town and we're Christmas shopping for as long as we want. So there!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm glad that Chris got to go to the football game, but I'm really glad you & Lisa are going shopping. I hope it gets you in the Christmas mood. Have fun!

kelly said...

Hope you had a good shopping trip today! I sure could use some of those chocolate dipped pretzles to help get me in the Christmas spirit!

Karen said...

Don't worry, Kelly. You are getting some!

Ann said...

I like pretzels too.