Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The final countdown

Well this is it folks. The movers will be here at 8 am tomorrow to start packing us up. Ready or not, here they come!

I'm not ready.

It's hard to move with little kids. Add Christmastime and it's even harder. Today I tried to get ready. Really, I did. I washed about four loads of clothes. I addressed and mailed most of our Christmas cards. I had to run to the store for one final gift card to add to a box that will have to be mailed in the morning. Tonight I've been finishing up a gift for my mother-in-law that will also have to be mailed tomorrow. I wrapped several presents and put them in one big box for the move (I didn't want the boys or any moving helpers to see their un-wrapped gifts by mistake). I still need to get the dishes washed and get some clothes packed for all of us for the next few days after the movers have packed it all up. We need someplace to put all of our refrigerator/freezer items. There is just too much to throw out but not enough coolers.

Chris is going to head to the new place on Thursday night with a load of things that the movers won't move like plants and our fish. The boys and I will spend Thursday night camping out on the floor here in sleeping bags (everything will be out of the house and sitting on a truck until Friday morning). Friday morning I've got a meeting at Alex's school here before we can leave to meet the truck that's hopefully already unloading at the new place. I thought we could do it alone but today I had to call for backup. My parents will now be coming Friday to help direct movers and keep the boys occupied and out of harms way. Plus my mom is the best kitchen organizer ever.

I hope I make it through the weekend without a major meltdown.......and I'm talking about me, not the kids. Well, the kids too.

3 comments:

kelly said...

I think you're allowed 1 meltdown per day, especially with all that's going on!! Good luck, it'll all be over before you know it :-)

Sara said...

You'll be fine! It'll all fall into place once it starts happening. Good luck! Enjoy the new house smell!!

Joanne said...

It will go fine, and you're right...mom is the best kitchen organizer that there is! I panicked when we moved here because she wasn't around to do it!

Wish I could be there to help!