Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another project - personalized placemats

Did I tell you there would be more projects? Well, there will be. Like I said, I tried to find some things to keep us occupied during the summer. This project was making our own placemats. I had several ideas for this one including printing out pictures of the boys to put on there or letting them paint but in the end they just colored whatever they wanted then used stickers and stamps on cardstock paper to create their own placemats. Then I used heavy laminate - the kind that you put on like a sticker - to seal it up and make it usable. The boys actually decorated both sides of theirs so they can flip it over and change it up.

Zachary made a banana on his (although I think it looks like a summer squash!) and used lots of soccer ball stamps.
Alex didn't want a picture with his but I think his is a super hero of some sort plus football stamps and a few spiderman stickers.

If we did this again I think I would look for bigger laminate and then use larger paper, like scrapbook size. These turned out cute but are kinda small for a placemat although we have been using them. I think this would be really cute to do for a child's birthday. I have two more sheets of laminate so I may surprise Zachary with something for his birthday next month when he sits down for breakfast!

No comments: