Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happenings

I was so worried that we were going to be sitting around the house bored out of our minds this summer but boy was I wrong! So far, the summer has been great! We've had friends & family over, are continuing with Alex's karate classes, are hoping to sign up for a week long gymnastics camp at the end of the month, and have lots of cool things planned for July & August (including the zoo next week & Seaworld the week after that). That's not to say that it's always been smooth sailing. I mean The kids are four & five....and brothers.....and boys. I am glad to have some prepared activities for those times when we run out of things to do. Such as.......
Doing "school work" in some Pre-K workbooks. Sometimes I even have to limit how much Zachary gets to do at one time. He likes it that much!

Last week we made binoculars out of toilet paper rolls. I totally stole the idea from another blog I read but they turned out cute.

Over the weekend during a trip to the craft store we saw this neat kit to make a large cardboard castle that you color yourself. The boys are alternating between coloring it and playing in it. I'm not sure how long it will last since it is only cardboard and they are only 4 & 5 year old boys but for now they are really enjoying it.



Yesterday we made our own 4th of July shirts. First I ironed on embroidered USA's on each shirt. Then we painted "fireworks" on them. I had a plan for this but the boys were to anxious to paint and didn't want to wait for me to figure out & put together the "stamp" for the fireworks so they ended up just painting theirs on freehand. Theirs aren't exactly what I had in mind but they're happy so that's what matters. I did one too. The red one is mine.


Today we met some friends at the children's museum. This is the same one that the boys went to on their school field trip and maybe our third time overall. It didn't matter that we've been before, the boys had a blast.



Zachary was a little bit sick earlier this week. He was fever free all day yesterday & today with only a little sore throat left. I thought all was good until late afternoon when Alex's fever came. Oh, great!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Cute shirts! It was great to see y'all yesterday :)