Sunday, June 12, 2011

Smarty pants

Yesterday Zachary had wanted to go outside and do some yard work but I just didn't feel like it (no matter how bad the yard needed it!). I also wasn't sure that we had enough gas for the lawnmower so I told him that we'd have to go and get some on Sunday. He changed out of his "work" clothes (long pants with holes in the knees, a John Deere shirt, cap, & boots) and was O.K. with that. He didn't forget though. This morning he once again changed into his work clothes and brought out a notepad that he was making a list on. My nearly five year old had drawn a picture of a gas can and written the word "gas" all by himself!
He is very good with recognizing letters and sounds and can even kinda spell if you sound out a word very slowly but he's not a great writer. Plus the fact that he did it all on his own - I was blown away! He had attempted to write "grass" on another page - as in we need to mow the grass. He only had a picture and the letters GA when he showed it to me but I helped him to finish that one.
I am still amazed by him. I guess we need to work on writing and spelling this summer!

No comments: