Friday, June 10, 2011

More stripes for Alex!

Today was a big day at karate class. I knew that Alex was due to receive his next stripe for attending his 20th class. What I didn't know was that during class he would perform his Basic Form #1 perfectly and receive an additional stripe as well! I don't think Alex even knew what was going on because after he was called up to get his first stripe, the instructor had him go back to his spot in line and then called him up to the front again instead of doing them both at once. Then he had to shake hands down the line a second time too.

Alex received the Dragon stripe for attendance.


The Eagle stripe is for performance.

We were all a little surprised to get the third stripe so quickly.

Alex is showing off his new stripes.

I'm not sure what the next promotion entails but it will mean a whole new belt. I am so proud of my karate boy!!

1 comment: