Thursday, February 5, 2009

Growing like weeds

The boys are growing so fast that I can hardly keep up. I bought Alex 4-5 new pairs of size 3 pants in the fall and they are now too short. All but maybe one are high waters. Couldn't he have at least made it through the winter without changing sizes? He now owns one pair of size 4 pants and needs more.

*I have a little complaint here.* Why is there such a big length difference from a size 3 to a 4? While the 3's are too short the 4's have to be rolled up. I guess we'll get a little more use out of them at least.

Zachary is a hard one. He's outgrown (in length at least) his 12 month pants finally. But....although the 18 months fit him in length they are still, mostly, too big in the waist. Sigh.

I decided to measure the boys and sure enough Alex has grown 2 inches since September and Zachary has grown 1 1/2 inches. Alex is almost 42 inches tall at 3 years old and Zach is 34 1/2 inches at 2 1/2. Where did my babies go?

2 comments:

kelly said...

I was just thinking that today, where did my "baby" go?? There's such a big difference when they're 3. And the "baby tummy" is starting to go away also :-(

junglemama said...

It's great that they are growing so fast!