Thursday, February 12, 2009

Growing up and hand me downs

I know I recently posted about the boys getting bigger but I had another one of those moments last night when it hit me hard. Chris got the boys changed into pj's without me and sent Zachary back to the living room first. When he came out he was wearing some pj's that he'd never worn before. They were Alex's old ones that he's outgrown and they're still a little big on Zachary. Now Zachary's worn some of Alex's outgrown shirts before but it didn't hit me the same. These jammies were ones we bought for Alex when he first got home and for some reason it made me cry to see Zach in them. Zachary really likes them though and keeps saying "dinosaurs everywhere!".


This was Zachary last night.


Here is Alex in December 07.I'm such a sap. (I inherited that from my mom.)

4 comments:

kelly said...

I'm sorry :-( I'm missing my "baby" too!

soccermom10 said...

Karen- Be glad Zachary is fianlly growing! He looks cute in Alex's old jammies.....

Ann said...

Such cute little boys, sniff-sniff.
From the "sap"

Joanne said...

As you know, we all inherited that particual gene! I would have cried, too! Like Lisa said, though, at least Zach is finally growing a bit!