Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We're getting a deck!

I'm really excited. We've talked about wanting/needing a deck since before the house was finished. Our back porch is probably 4-5 feet off the ground making it more like a balcony than a porch. The builder put a temporary rail around it to keep the boys from falling off but there are no stairs so you can't walk out to the back yard. We picked a company and signed a contract. The materials should be delivered this afternoon or tomorrow and the work will start tomorrow. The best part? The whole thing should take less than a week to finish. Yea! I can't wait to sit out on our beautiful deck watching the boys play (on the deck too of course since we don't have a yard yet!).

3 comments:

kelly said...

Sounds great!

Sara said...

That's neat! And in a week, too! Lucky you!

Kelli said...

Yea for you! I'm so excited for you and the boys! I can't wait to come see your house, but I think I'll wait until the deck is finished.