Sunday, February 8, 2009

Slim Down Sunday

O.K. so I'm starting something new. I am a little heavier than I would like to be. I'm not a big exerciser and I pretty much eat what I want (not too, too bad). I am not going on a diet. I've done it before and although I did lose weight it was hard and that was before I had kids. I want to be able to eat with my family and not munch on lettuce leaves while they eat a lasagna or something. I'm starting on a smaller scale (no pun intended). Here are my three main goals for now.

1) Cut out sodas - I drink one or two every single day. I love Coke but I know it's not good for me. I'm going to cut out as much as I can but I'm not going to sweat it if I have one every once in awhile.

2) To get moving - Remember the not exercising thing? I'm not saying I'm going to hit the gym or anything but I'm going to try to get out and take a couple of walks during the week. I think all my yard work is good for me too but I need cardio.

3) Cut back on snacks - I honestly don't snack all the time but I do think I snack more than I should. So, when I have to have a snack I'm going to try a cup of coffee or a piece of fruit instead.

That's it. Again, I'm not going on a diet and I'm not going to say that I'm never going to eat a cookie again but I am going to try to make some small changes and I'm going to chronicle it here. I weighed myself today and I will every Sunday. I'm not going to tell you how much I weigh (did you really think I would?) but I will post if I lose any weight, how that week went, and how I feel. Feel free to join me if you'd like.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Ok.....I'll join you, but I am going to exercise. John & I started at the beginning of the year. For the first 10 day of January, we did 10 of the following: sit-ups, leg lifts, jumping jacks & toe-sky touches and we jogged 2 minutes. After the 10th day, we added 1 more of each exercise and added 5 seconds to our jogging. (i.e we're up to 38 of each exercise & 4:20 of jogging.) My three goals will be:
1)Keep exercising with John
2)Keep a diary of what I eat (not counting calories, just writing down the food)
3)Drink/eat milk products 3X/day.
I'll also post if I lose any weight, how that week went, and how I feel.
Thanks for coming up with the idea, Karen.....I needed a little inspiration!

Sara said...

Travis & I are trying to cut back too. His mom & I exercise to the same "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD (sometimes together, sometimes not). We're up to the 2 mile walk in 30 minutes. I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted, but since my thyroid went out of whack and I had Elizabeth, my body's just not the same anymore. I actually hit 130 a couple of weeks ago and it almost made me cry. I'd like to lose 15 lbs, but will settle for 10 and a better body!

Since we're doing 3 goals:
1)Keep exercising
2)Eat less/snack less
3)Cut out extra sugar (I've already gone from 3 scoops to 2 scoops of sugar in my decaf tea)

Hey! Maybe this is the motivation I need to keep it up! Thanks!